Cafico International has 5 Trainee Accountant roles available for our 2020 programme. We think these would be suitable for graduates of Accountancy, Finance and Business related courses, but if you aren’t in these categories and would like to throw your hat in the ring, we will be happy to consider you by reviewing your CV in the first instance.
Cafico International is at an exciting stage of its development with great career advancement prospects for successful candidates. As well as having a modern workplace culture, we work with key players in aircraft leasing, healthcare, technology, renewable energy and many more.
You will become a key part of a well-rewarded Finance team that offers a high standard of financial accounting, regulatory and statutory reporting services to a broad portfolio of international business clients.
Cafico International welcomes people with positive and proactive attitudes to work, and who are aligned to our core values of Integrity, Determination, Pride and Innovation. We have a client-focused approach and support all of our team members in the deliverance of a world-class client experience
The Benefits of working with us
Working at Cafico International, you will have access to our Cafico International Graduate Programme giving you the opportunity to potentially graduate as a qualified Accountant in our supportive ACCA Platinum Approved training environment. We offer:
- High-quality mentorship and training – In addition to working alongside our financial reporting technical experts, you will get the chance to liaise with high profile clients and auditors, gaining a raft of top-tier financial world experience in our areas of specialism such as aviation finance.
- Varied and interesting on the job training in a dynamic environment
- Great career advancement opportunities
- Exam support:
- Financial Support – for ACCA approved study materials
- Paid study leave – 4 days per exam
- 1 day paid leave to do the ACCA exam
- Opportunity to work abroad – There may also be the opportunity to work abroad in our new office in the heart of Luxembourg. We also have an office in Ennis Co.Clare if being a few minutes’ drive from international surf destinations is more attractive to you!
- The potential to attend relevant industry conferences and seminars
- Competitive salary, bonus and staff benefits – available post probation include health insurance, pension contribution, access and event tickets for Premium Club @ 3 Arena as well as a contribution to gym/sports club membership
- An extra week of pay at Christmas!
- Preparation of monthly management accounts under IFRS and Irish GAAP;
- Inter-company account reconciliations;
- Budgeting and forecasting functions and reconciling actual to budgeted figures;
- Debtors / creditors analysis, maintaining invoices, billing and monthly bank reconciliations;
- Assisting in the preparation of accounts from trial balance to financial statement level for client companies;
- Quarterly Central Bank reporting;
- Liaising with external parties, such as auditors and tax advisors;
- Revenue submissions PAYE/PRSI and VAT;
- Assisting in client payroll preparation;
- Maintaining contact with lawyers, trustees and banks in order to achieve objectives in meeting deadlines and serving the clients’ needs; and
- Responding to queries in a timely manner.
- Degree in Accounting/Business/Finance/Maths/Law (Minimum 2.2 degree with strong academics);
- Must have the desire to complete accountancy qualification (ACCA/ACA/CIMA/CPA);
- Must be ambitious and able to work on own initiative;
- Interest in international financial markets;
- Excellent Word and Excel skills;
- Versatile team player – flexible, pragmatic, thorough, proactive and service-minded; and
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with a bright and positive outlook.